By, Linda B. Smith
I’ve been thinking of doors. It’s an entrance and an exit. Doors keep us in or others out. They provide a sense of security, or it is a barrier. I remember that as young girl we would sometimes sleep with our doors open and feel totally secure. Would I do that today? Definitely not! However, I do imagine that there are some areas in our world where leaving doors open is still a possibility.
Do doors alone make us safe, or is it just an illusion of security? Of course they do not, but how thankful I am that we have a savior who is our security.
In John 10:9 Jesus said, “I am the Door; if anyone enters through me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.” Jesus is the Door that leads out of darkness and the Door that leads into eternal life. He is the Door that came to bring us abundant life. Jesus is the Door that protects his children.
Since Jesus is the Door, we believers have access to the holy kingdom of God. Through Christ’s blood shed on Calvary’s cross we can enter through the only Door of fellowship with God. In Christ I can have the only true security. Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:18, “The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me to His heavenly kingdom…” Yes, there will be hardships, trials and tribulations, but the One who is the Door promises to “never desert me nor forsake me” (Hebrews 13:5) to always be by my side.
Jesus doesn’t want us to just stop at the door; he wants us to enter into his abode. He wants us to find shelter in him from life’s storms. Jesus is the Door that is never closes always open, ready to receive the willing heart.
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom trust!” Psalm 91:1-2
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's good to be reminded of the access and security we have in Christ. I really like the door analogy because in spiritual terms it means that the Lord's house is open to me even now.
Post a Comment